Apr 24, 2017

Why Am I An Assh*le? But So Is Everyone Else...

Yes, I'm still here, Alhamdulillah, in a healthy condition despite my struggle for obese-type-of-not-wanting-to-diet thingy.. and yes, I'm still single and already a thirty something person... well I don't know what people say about my condition (the single thingy) since I never listen what other said like forever..

But it's 2017.. yes 2017, it's like everything's grown and changed like within a blink of eye.. many things has shifted, like morals, habits, economy -yeah right- and trends. Talking about behavioural trends, sometimes I ask myself, "Where has the gentlemen's gesture gone?"... Yep, I call it, "gentlemen gesture", what is that? well simple things, like giving hand to a woman, girl, or female while she's on a stair, giving her a ride when it's midnight already even though the road is contradictory.. may be the examples are too much, but like giving a girl compliment just to make her smile, is just too rare lately. Or as simple as open a seat or a chair to woman without being asked, now I would call it a miracle.

It doesn't have to make a woman helpless to accept that kind of gesture, or it's too western style or we demand it as equality.. NO.. NO.. NO... for me this kind of gesture is flattering, and it's so rare to find lately, that a boy or a man with intentionally has a bad tendency towards women can use this as one of their methods. Yeah, this kind gesture sometimes misinterpret into a bad intention to get short pleasure.

Who do I have to blame? the equality movements? the independence fight for women so that we -as women- need no help from men? well what is the meaning equal? well I have said there once during my bachelor degree era, I said that equal for men and women are not the same, well we cannot kill the nature side of men or women. I took a degree that majority is men, electrical engineering but it didn't make me lost my feminine side, it did improved and boosted my feminine side because it was easy to be acknowledged as a rare creature in the field. Raised and grew in this kind of situation made me a very loud and outspoken person, though I still uphold the feminine side of me. Showing your feminine side is not, once again NOT stupid, it shows that you have taste and sensitivity more than other, not as a weakness but as a strength that can only be felt as a woman.

Well I demand these gentlemen gestures as a woman, it would not make me as an as*h*le right? because it becomes my requirement for a man.. well don't you want to be treated as a lady despite recent styles of life.. likewise an as*ho*e??


-Jakarta, April 24th, 2017-  


No comments:

Post a Comment